|This event is now finished. Please check back regularly for similar events and giveaways in the future.|
Laurie R. King is turning 20!
…as a writer, that is.
On February 2, 1993, her career as a writer began with the publication of A Grave Talent. Now, twenty-one books later, we’re dedicating a springtime of thanks to libraries, with ten weeks of library-related events.
* Live events in California and Washington libraries—including a Book Club on a Ferry!
* Skype events with library book groups (see below)
* A free reader’s guide to A Grave Talent — click here to download.
* A writing contest to celebrate National Library Week with the prompt, “If a Martian asked me what a ‘library’ is, here is what I would tell him.” Send your responses to email@example.com no later than midnight, April 19 for your chance to win a complete set of all five Martinelli books in hardcover.
* And as a fund-raiser for California’s Center for the Book, we’re auctioning off a first edition Grave Talent that Margaret Maron owned, and gave to Laurie for the purpose. Two award-winning, library-loving writers in one!
Along with the following events (for details see the Where’s Laurie page):
* Santa Clara CA (Feb 4)
* Vacaville, CA (Feb 26)
* San Mateo, CA (March 10)
* The Pacific Northwest LRK Extravaganza (March 14 & 15):
* The Ferry Book Club (yes, a book club on a ferry— wheee!)
* Seattle (details TBA)
* Walnut Creek, CA (March 23)
* Skype Library Events with:
* Door County, WI Library (Feb 12)
* North Royalton/Cuyahoga, OH Library (April 4)
* Tea with Laurie—auctioned at the Pacific Grove, CA Library (April 13)
Laurie loves libraries!
Download the above in press release format here.